Informations for application
The academy is open to all TUM students who are nominated by the Deans or Deans of Studies of their faculties and/or who submit an application including a recommendation by one of the professors of the Technical University of Munich.
Since 2017 students of HFF (Hochschule für Fernsehen und Film) and HMTM (Hochschule für Musik und Theater München) are invited to apply for become scholer of TUM: Junge Akademie. For the first time also students of "Akademie der Bildenden Künste" can apply to join in TUM: Junge Akademie.
The eligibility criteria for the programme are that a student
- is enrolled at TUM, HFF or HMTM
- is one of the outstanding students of his/her semester
- is eager to develop further
- is highly interested in science and research
- will not be compromised in his/her performance by the membership
Apart from the achievements during the course of studies, other important scholarship criteria are creativity, community involvement and willingness to take over responsibility.
Applications should include the following documents: (in English)
- a letter of motivation (1 - 2 pages)
- a perception regarding the call (essay 2-3 pages) or a video (max. 3 minutes) produced by yourself
- a CV
- an overview of academic achievements, including marks (official document / TUM grades)
- for unsolicited applications: a letter of recommendation by a member of the professorate
The members of the Advisory Board defined the call 2019 as: "Multimodal Science Communication".
- In your letter of motivation, please let us know why a membership in the TUM: Junge Akademie seems attractive to you, what you expect from your time as a member of the TUM: Junge Akademie and how you would like to be involved. Please try to elucidate this on up to two pages.
- In the selection process, your essay will help us to learn more about your ideas and concerns. The essay can (and should) include a vision, demonstrate creativity and we are looking forward being surprised by you.
- July 5, 2018 - 6 p.m.: Informations event for scholarship 2019 (at campus Stammgelände, lecture room 0606)
- Sun, September 16th , 2018 - Application deadline for nominees & unsolicited students of TUM
- September 26, 2018 - 5 p.m.: Informations event for for students of ADBK, HFF and HMTM (at campus Stammgelände, room 0009)
- Sun, October 7th, 2018 - Application deadline for students of ADBK, HFF and HMTM
- Fri/Sat, October 19 & 20, 2018 - Selection days
- Fri/Sat/Sun, November 23-25, 2018 - Kick-off-weekend at Lake Starnberg (Bernried)